IT IS THE GOAL OF THE AFRICAN HEALTH ORGANIZATION TO:
· Stimulate original scientific research and ensure its application to medicine and health.
· Harness African resources in order to promote science and innovation and advance medical technology.
· Furnish Africa with information on early…warning systems required to detect and respond quickly to the emergence of new infections diseases that threaten health.
· Provide appropriate up-to-date training in contemporary health issues.
· Ensure that our training not only meets international standards but most importantly that is designed to solve Africa’s health problems by laying more emphasis on preventive medicine and public health.
· Mobilize African medical doctors and personnel and encourage them to discuss prevalent issues in health and proffer solutions.
· Bring to the fore front the work of African medical scientists that has here to fore not been recognized.
· Motivate African doctors worldwide and encourage those overseas to return home so their expertise can be of benefit to the health care system.
· Establish increased knowledge, cooperation and linkages with scientists worldwide.
· Make health care more accessible to the rural areas.
· Promote community-based health care.